Often called the “king of oils, ” Frankincense is an amazing oil that should be in every farm and home. Topical and internal uses provide modern health benefits while, aromatically, it promotes feelings of peace and overall wellness .
Some of the benefits of Frankincense Essential Oil are:
1. Aids with minor wounds from cuts, scrapes, and burns. For even greater benefit, apply Lavender essential oil first then layer Frankincense on top.
2. Neurological support. — Frankincense is probably the best oil I know of for neurological support. It helps with the function of the central nervous system in particular. Whether it’s helping with clarity of thinking, or balancing the emotions, frankincense has a lot of benefits to offer. Extremely soothing.
3. Helps to reduces and fade scars. Just combine 2-3 drops of frankincense oil with coconut oil, and directly apply it on your skin.
4. Fosters a strong immune system. Massage a few drops into the balls of your feet daily to boost your immune system. You can also diffuse it throughout your home or in your bedroom at night.
5. Reduces stress and anxious feelings. Diffuse with complimentary oils to promote peace in your home and stable. One can also simply massage a drop or two in some carrier oil onto the back of the neck. For horses it can be applied to the poll.
6. Frankincense affects Hormones and Memory helping to balance them and improve the memory.
7. Mix a few drops of the Frankincense with a carrier oil (like coconut) and apply to your skin. You can also add a drop of Frank to your daily moisturizer.
8. Head tension. Frankincense can be used to relieve conditions where pain and tension are present – apply behind the ears or to the temples or even on the back of the neck.
9. Congestion. Put up to six drops in a sink or bowl filled with very hot water then bend over the sink with a towel draped over your head to contain the steam. Breathe in the vapors for at least five minutes, adding more hot water as needed. Be careful not to scald yourself; the water should be hot, not boiling. One can add some melaleuca, peppermint and oregano to the mix, also. VERY STRONG … use with care.